Hopkins Machine Corporation is located at 4243 W. Diversey Avenue in Chicago, IL. In 1908, Charles Stecher opened the doors of his machine shop on Jefferson St. near Washington Blvd. He concentrated on the production of can making machinery, quality special machine tools, drill presses, screw machines, turret lathes, and automated multiple spindle machinery. (Which was way ahead of his time.) Some of the deep hole drilling machines he built are still in existence and operatiing today, as are many of his can making machines.
Charles Stecher died in 1936. M.D. Hopkins and Aage Johson took over management in 1937. Due to pre- World War II, operations expanded and the plant was modernized. In 1945 the plant was relocated to its current location. At this time the corporate name was changed from "Charles Stecher Company" to "Hopkins Machine Corporation". Mr. M. D. Hopkins died in 1952 and was succeeded by his son Ron Hopkins.
Since 1996, Adam Widula has owned Hopkins Machine Corporation, a machine shop specializing in deep hole drilling.